Accurate pocket size tester that checks the charging system and state of charge of a battery.
LENGTH: 40 inches / 100 cm
Connector (INPUT): 2-pin SAE or set of battery clips
CABLE: SPT-2W 16 AWG (1.32mm2)
USE: Suitable for use at very low temperatures down to -40 ° C / -40 ° F, cable remains flexible at temperatures below “freezing point”
OTHER: Fully enclosed electronic circuitry with multiple LEDs, SAE charge connector
OPERATION: Fully automatic
- Result in GREEN / RED LED according to load, indication of lowest voltage (20 sec) when starting vehicle and display of voltage with engine running to check alternator / voltage regulator working correctly
- Clip on the battery or connect to an installed SAE battery cable
- Check battery charge level. Low voltage battery gives poor starting performance
- Start the engine. The OptiMate TEST records and displays the lowest starting voltages (for 20 seconds)
- Check the starting voltage of the alternator and voltage regulator while the engine is running
EXTRA INFO: A low charge voltage will cause poor battery performance, and too high a charge voltage will cause excessive gassing, which eventually leads to damage to the lead-acid battery. Too high charging voltage is FATAL for a LiFePO4 starter battery.
Excluding VAT and transport costs